Support for Ukrainian residents, the UK Humanitarian Route and what you can do to help
This page will be updated as often as possible with the UK Government announcements on Ukraine and the offers of support in the West Midlands, the UK and internationally. If you want to have your support added to this list please email email@example.com
Official Guidance Summary
Ukraine Family Scheme
The Ukrainian Family Scheme allows British nationals and people settled in the UK apply to bring extended family members to the UK, providing eligibility to parents, grandparents, adult offspring, siblings, and their immediate family members.
- Join family members in the UK or extend your stay.
- Free to apply.
- Live, work or study in the UK.
- Access public funds.
- Visa lasting 3 years
- Applying to join or accompany a UK-based family member.
- Are Ukrainian or the immediate family member of a Ukrainian national who is applying to the scheme.
- Have been residing in Ukraine on or immediately before 1 January 2022 (including those who have now left Ukraine).
Homes for Ukraine Scheme
This scheme offers a route to those who want to come to the UK and have someone here willing to provide them with a home. It will enable individuals, charities, community groups and businesses to volunteer accommodation for Ukrainians, and their immediate family members.
- Live and work in the UK for up to three years
- Access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education, and English language tuition
- Open to Ukrainian nationals and immediate family members of Ukrainian nationals.
- Sponsors required to have at least six months leave to remain in the UK.
- Sponsors to provide accommodation for a minimum of 6 months.
- Sponsors can receive £350 ‘thank you’ payment p/m.
Ukraine Extension Scheme
This scheme allows Ukrainians already in the UK to extend their stay by extending their visa. This is open from 3 May 2022.
- Ukrainian nationals who had permission to stay in the UK on or before 18 March 2022
- Partners and children of Ukrainian nationals can also apply if they are already in the UK as ‘dependants’ of those applying.
- Additionally, those who previously had permission to stay in the UK but has expired since the 1 January 2022 will also be eligible to apply.
- Other options are available, depending on what kind of visa the applicant may have.
Offers of support and Fundraising
A searchable database of regional, national and international offers of support to Ukrainian National and ongoing fundraising.